Skip to content
Home » Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs » Enduring Guardianship – FAQs » How do I appoint an Enduring Guardian?

How do I appoint an Enduring Guardian?

To appoint an Enduring Guardian, you will need to put the appointment in writing and sign the document in front of an eligible witness such as a legal practitioner or Local Court Registrar.

You can appoint more than one Enduring Guardian and appoint them with different functions. Anyone you appoint as an Enduring Guardian must also sign the document to show they have agreed to the appointment as your guardian. Their signature must also be witnessed by an eligible witness.

Enduring Guardianship appointments made in other States and Territories are automatically recognised in NSW.

An Enduring Guardianship is an important legal document, and thus our recommendation is that you seek professional assistance to guide you through the process and requirements.

Give us a call today on (02) 9687 8885 to discuss how we can prepare your Enduring Guardianship.